COVID-19 Response Child Abuse Prevention Statement
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Our Children Oregon is providing supplemental funds and support to our Affiliate organizations who are providing direct services to at-risk families during this time. Our partners are relief nurseries, home visiting services, and parent education programs dedicated to Child Abuse Prevention efforts in Oregon. As a state, we must acknowledge the impact that the COVID-19 crisis is having on the health and well-being of our most vulnerable children and their families.
The stresses of daily life for families in Oregon have increased significantly, resources are in short supply, and they need your support. During this crisis, our Affiliates are working tirelessly to ensure that they are keeping children safe. Our dedicated partners are checking in with families remotely by offering virtual home visits and mentoring support to parents, caregivers, and youth. In addition to providing mental health supports, home visitors and staff are delivering meals, diapers, formula, and other supplies to families.
In the News
- Child Abuse Report Drop 70% in 1 Month, Leaving Oregon Officials Concerned
- Child Abuse Risk Higher During Corona Virus Outbreak
Thank you for standing alongside us as we partner with organizations working directly with families in our community who need us now more than ever.
List of Affiliates Providing Direct Services
- A Family Place
- Family Building Blocks
- Family Nurturing Center
- Family Tree Relief Nursery
- Lifeworks NW
- Old Mill Center Relief Nursery
- Pioneer Relief Nursery
- Treasure Valley Children’s Relief Nursery
- Volunteers of America Family Relief Nursery
- Child & Family Development Programs of Community Action Team
- Pearl Buck Center Inc.
- Parenting NOW
- Self Enhancement Inc.
- Virginia Garcia Memorial Foundation & Health Center
- South Lane Mental Health
- Oregon Coast Community Action
- Metropolitan Family Services
- Building Healthy Families
- Families First Parent Resource Center
- Insights Janus Youth Programs
- Native American Youth and Family Center
- Morrison Child & Family Services
- The Next Door
- Hacienda CDC
- Impact NW
- Family Resource of Central Oregon
- Mountain Star Relief Nursery
- Strengthening Rural Families